Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Update XML Files in SharePoint Library

Author  Topic 

paulkem
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 2015-01-21 : 12:11:58
I have a SharePoint document library that stores a 4 XML files. Three of them are relatively small, but one could grow to be quite large (potentially 10,000 + records)

These are to be mimics of SQL “conversion” type tables to be used by a web app if the SQL server is ever down. As a result, the XML files will need to be updated daily to reflect any changes to the SQL tables.

The web app was (is still being) written by my ex-manager, who has left the company but is wrapping up this project.

I need to use automate refreshing these files daily. I assume there is some way to use SSIS. I have the SQL queries that will pull the data from the four tables and format into XML. What are my options here? Am I limited to simply deleting the existing files each day and then uploading the new tables? I think I can figure out how to delete the files, as I have done this before in a different scenario (using a script component). But I am still figuring out how to upload the new files to the library.

Or, is there another way?

I have very little experience with XML files and script components and in any previous experience, I had my boss there to help me and point me in the right direction. I really don’t have a local resource to reach out to for help. I could contact my ex-boss, and have for other issues regarding this project, but would prefer to not have to keep using him as a resource.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

- Advertisement -