Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Exporting SQL Query Results

Author  Topic 

jcb267
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

291 Posts

Posted - 2015-01-23 : 10:57:31
Hi -

I have run a few queries successfully now I would like to export the results to an excel file in a specific location, can that be done? If so how??

Thanks!!

Bustaz Kool
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1834 Posts

Posted - 2015-01-23 : 11:07:25
There are three options for the result sets: Text, Grid (default) and File. There are icons in the toolbar that allow you to select which type to use. When you have File active, it will prompt you for the file and format. I usually use CSV for Excel but look at the options available and make your choice.

No amount of belief makes something a fact. -James Randi
Go to Top of Page

jcb267
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

291 Posts

Posted - 2015-01-23 : 11:23:25
Yes, I have seen those, Bustaz.......

I have created a reporting system in excel and sql. The input is in excel and based on the input code is generated. Through a macro in excel that code is copied and pasted into a query window in excel. The user will have to execute it and export it in excel for use by various account managers. The location could vary. I have other reporting templates in excel that will "pick up" the data from SQL and format it into a nice report for the account managers to share with the client. Can the location be specified based on the "automatically" generated code?

Thanks for helping with this!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -