Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2012)
 Linking multiple fields in to a single value

Author  Topic 

bluesfan9172
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2015-02-16 : 17:12:33
Hello,

I am pretty new to using Report Builder but have figured out how to get data to show in a report when I have a 1 to 1 relationship in two different datasets. The problem I am having is how to pull a single data point (let's say End of Month Balance) where I need to match on two differnt items such as Customer and Account Type.

The end results would be something like this

Customer Account # True Customer Account # Account Type Customer Interest True Customer Interest

I can easily get the first four to work but getting the "True Customer Interest" is proving troublesome because I need to match the True Customer Interest on the True Customer Account AND the Account Type. Each customer could have as many rows as they have account types (Savings, Checking, Investment, etc) but the interest on those rows has to tie to the type of account.

I am unsure of the function to use or how the code might look to get the value correctly. All I get are errors using MultiLookup and LookupSet

Thanks

- Advertisement -