Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2012 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2012)
 ssrs 2012 display values

Author  Topic 

jassie
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

332 Posts

Posted - 2015-02-25 : 11:55:08
In an existing .net application that allows users to execute SSRS 2012 reports, I want to leave the value in the database as a numeric value but display all the applicable values in the SSRS report as char(3) values. Basically every place that a '999' is the real value in the database, I want the SSRS 2012 reports to display a value of 'OWN'. I want to see if this is an option since this would be a major rewrite for the .net application. Thus I have the following questions:

1. When the user selects parameter values is there a way to display 'OWN' instead of '999' in the dropdown list for parameter values that can be selected? If this is a possibility, would you show me how to change the display of the parameter value?
2. When the detail line is displayed in the ssrs 2012 report, would you show me how to change the value displayed in the detail of the SSRS 2012 report? If this is not possible in the SSRS 2012 report, would I need to change the values that are brought into the report in the original sql? Would I need to do a 'replace' in the sql?
3. In one of the SSRS 2012 reports the header displays the value of 999, would you show me how to change the header of the report so 'OWN' displays instead of 999?

- Advertisement -