Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Other Forums
 Other Topics
 Blog Ressurection

Author  Topic 

Candace Woodward
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-09 : 10:18:40
I have a dormant blog and I want to revive it, it was a long time ago so I haven’t been updated about the blogosphere. It seems that “vlogging” has become more popular nowadays and I’m thinking of having one also but I’m not that confident yet so I guess I would start by restoring my old blog first LOL. I’m thinking of focusing more with product reviews so I think it’s imperative to get insights from someone who has a blog that features straight reviews, customer testimonials, product comparisons, etc. Is there anyone here who can give me tips on how to go about this, any tips will be greatly appreciated.

pantsbox
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-11 : 07:34:34
One of the greatest pleasures of being a blogger is writing product reviews. The excitement of getting packages in the mail, the thrill of finding a new product.You need to think of yourself as an influencer, because you can influence your audience’s behaviors and buying habits. Your review should be honest.
Go to Top of Page

Candace Woodward
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-11 : 10:03:38
quote:
Originally posted by pantsbox

One of the greatest pleasures of being a blogger is writing product reviews. The excitement of getting packages in the mail, the thrill of finding a new product.You need to think of yourself as an influencer, because you can influence your audience’s behaviors and buying habits. Your review should be honest.

Of course I will be honest. I was actually gearing towards “how-to’s and tutorials” but I’m afraid that I’m not credible enough and I’m not really an expert at anything. I know a lot of consumers (including me) who relies with reviews and product comparisons before buying certain merchandise. According to survey (I did my own research as well) this type of blog attracts a lot of readers which means more advertising offers also LOL.

I see different kinds of methods on how to do reviews, like for example this unspammed, this is not a blog though but I like the idea of gathering evaluations from end users PLUS my own opinion OR this kind of unspammed (typical one). Are they boring to read? Do you think they were able to meet what the readers are looking for in a product review?
Go to Top of Page

futuristicpant
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2015-03-20 : 09:45:51
Hello, I'm a new member here and this is my first post. I just had to say that as a consumer I value an honest review more than a fancy blog but with unreliable content. I also love the idea of including customer's testimonial so I can compare and it would be easier for me to select on what product to buy.
Go to Top of Page

newwaysys
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-23 : 07:03:01
I was actually gearing towards “how-to’s and tutorials” but I’m afraid that I’m not credible enough and I’m not really an expert at anything. I know a lot of consumers (including me) who relies with reviews and product comparisons before buying certain merchandise. According to survey unspammed (I did my own research as well) this type of blog attracts a lot of readers.
unspammed
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -