Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Data Corruption Issues
 Corrupted .dbf database files

Author  Topic 

olbungaard
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2015-03-16 : 16:45:27
good day for all,

I have some database files which I have created on Visual FoxPro.

Yesterday I was accessing them but what I found there was very shocking!

I'm getting this: the .dbf file header is corrupted. Now I have no idea how to deal with this. I need a software program which can repair my files.

Has anyone ever faced this kind situation in the past?

thanks a lot for any help.

prett
Posting Yak Master

212 Posts

Posted - 2015-03-24 : 00:48:19
This forum is for SQL server, you need to post your question of Visual Fox pro forums like foxite.com.
And Start your favorite search engine, search with different keywords like:

How to fix Visual FoxPro DBF
Download Visual FoxPro DBF repair tool

You will have enough info to go for and have option for selecting the best software.
Go to Top of Page

theodorrinder
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2015-03-25 : 17:58:28
Try opening the .dbf file in Excel or other program that supports opening the .dbf format.

Once opened in Excel you should be able to view the file, delete any "bad data", and resave to a new name (with the .dbf extension).

Also possible to create a new table with the structure of the old table, append records from the old to the new. May salvage records until the corruption is encountered.

One more thread might be effective in case manual way cant help...
http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/itanswers/corrupt-dbf-files/
Go to Top of Page

Houssine
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 2015-11-03 : 07:30:35
quote:
Originally posted by olbungaard
I'm getting this: the .dbf file header is corrupted. Now I have no idea how to deal with this. I need a software program which can repair my files.

Has anyone ever faced this kind situation in the past?

No, I haven't faced such situation ever in my past. But a couple of months ago, I read an article published on EzineArticles. It contains a very useful information related to DBF file corruption and its fix. If interested, one can read this article: How to Repair DBF Files by Using DBF Recovery Software?

I hope this would be helpful.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -