Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 Dynamic currency converter
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rockstar283
Yak Posting Veteran

96 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2015 :  19:27:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am following the guide provided HERE to build a currency converter. The static converter works very fine, but I am having issue while building dynamic version of it.

Basically, I have designed it as below:

1) Data flow task: Uses a sql query to get a distinct list of all the currencies being used in the fact table and store into a recordset object 'ObjCurrency'

2) Foreach loop container:

Iterates through all the values in 'ObjCurrency' and each value gets stored in CurrencyCode

2.1) Script task: A message box is used to show the current currency code

2.2) Web service task: As stated in the above guide, I am sending the CurrencyCode variable as a 'FromCurrency' and 'USD' is my 'ToCurrency' to get a dynamic WSDL for every CurrencyCode

2.3) XML task: Used to get 'ConversionRateResponse'

2.4) ScriptTask1: A message box is used to show the current ConversionRateResponse

I am getting an error at 2.2 and the error is:

[Web Service Task] Error: An error occurred with the following error message: "Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebserviceTaskException: Could not execute the Web method. The error is: Method 'ProxyNamespace.CurrencyConvertor.ConversionRate' not found..
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebMethodInvokerProxy.InvokeMethod(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTaskUtil.Invoke(DTSWebMethodInfo methodInfo, String serviceName, Object connection, VariableDispenser taskVariableDispenser)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.WebServiceTask.WebServiceTask.executeThread()".
Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you in advance.

rockstar283
Yak Posting Veteran

96 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2015 :  00:43:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any help guys..
Go to Top of Page

gbritton
Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

2780 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2015 :  08:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ssis cannot find that method on that web site.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000