Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 How to know whether the email delivered successfully or not?

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2002-10-08 : 09:53:26
Girish writes "Hi All SQL GURU's,

I am sending mails through MS SQL Server using SQL system stored procedure(xp_sendmail)through SMTP mail server. I want to know whether the mail sent delivered successfully or not.
Can anyone help me.

Thanks,
Girish."

1fred
Posting Yak Master

158 Posts

Posted - 2002-10-08 : 10:28:45
I don't think you can, you can't get information on the mail client of your customer, at my job we code something in php,all we could get is if wether the customer smtp server accepted or not the email we sent him. If the email was accepted, it does'nt always mean it was good since a lot of smtp server are very different, and once the email was delivered to the customer smtp you can't get any other information.

Go to Top of Page

1fred
Posting Yak Master

158 Posts

Posted - 2002-10-08 : 10:31:21
But I have an idea. If your email are in html, you can put a blind link to a server page in it. This page will receive parameter that will be inserted in a table. That way you won't be able to know all who received your email but at least those who opened it.

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -