Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Script Library
 submitting a tool

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2002-12-10 : 07:48:36
Steve McCormick writes "I have written a stored procedure that may be used as a utility. I developed it because I keep having to replicate the content of support data tables between environments when I don't have a link and cannot use the import/export utilities. The procedure generates insert statements that replicate the content of a table. You simply provide the table name as a parameter and it generates an insert statement for each record. The insert statement is dynamic for however many columns the table has and performs appropriate conversions of data to represent how the insert statements should be written. If the table has a primary key, it encases the insert statement in an (IF NOT EXISTS) condition that checks the primary key duplication constraints before attempting the insert.
Would you be interested in this tool for your readers and if so, how do I submit it?"

Nazim
A custom title

1408 Posts

Posted - 2002-12-10 : 09:43:20
you can post the Code of your Sp here.

-------------------------
What lies behind you and what lies ahead of you are small matters compared to what lies within you.-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

zipman1952
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 2002-12-16 : 14:06:46
I would be very interested in seeing that script, Steve...
kevin

Go to Top of Page

sameerv
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 2002-12-16 : 22:50:29
If its not too big paste the sp here else you can mail it individually on request

Cursors - A curse
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -