Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 Robvolk

Author  Topic 

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

4970 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-02 : 11:24:40
6000 posts

congratulations to follow.

etc etc etc

something about nr not reading the article

YAY ROB!

Damian

Merkin

4970 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-02 : 11:26:09
Oh yeah.

Quazibubble emailed me and said that identity columns are stupid, he takes it all back,

Damian
Go to Top of Page

Merkin

4970 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-02 : 11:27:10
and tubyman says "all scrips have floors"

Damian

Edited by - merkin on 01/02/2003 11:29:53
Go to Top of Page

jsmith8858
Dr. Cross Join

7423 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-02 : 11:27:22
LOL !!!

- Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Merkin

4970 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-02 : 11:27:59
Even DANIEL emailed me to say :

"cohort say congratulations, danile not"

Damian
Go to Top of Page

ValterBorges
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1429 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-02 : 16:26:52
Wow! That's about 1 answer for every member.

I'll drink to that.

Go Rob!

Go to Top of Page

M.E.
Aged Yak Warrior

539 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-02 : 17:40:38
Wow rob... 6k

If you only had a nickel for every post hey?

-----------------------
SQL isn't just a hobby, It's an addiction
Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-02 : 20:53:44
Way to go Rob.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-02 : 22:22:20
THANKS EVERYBODY!

Hmmmmm...a nickel for every post...hmmmm...that would be REALLY handy during this post-gift-buying season...not as handy as $5 for every post, but still nice...

HEY!!! How about a for every post? Would that be better? Of course, I'd share them with everyone!

Go to Top of Page

Doug G
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

331 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-03 : 14:58:37
That's a whole lot of posts (and a whole lot of help you've given people)

======
Doug G
======
Go to Top of Page

TJ
Posting Yak Master

201 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-03 : 18:24:51
[quote]
That's a whole lot of posts (and a whole lot of help you've given people)

Congrats from a grateful recipient!

Teresa

Go to Top of Page

JustinBigelow
SQL Gigolo

1157 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-04 : 00:37:00
Way to go on 6000! It's a bit belated but I've been out of comission, moving is a bitch.

Justin

Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-04 : 00:53:52
Tongue hanging out in expectation of massive beer sharing experience.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

SamC
White Water Yakist

3467 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-04 : 11:17:12
Wow ! - 6000 posts. Rob you're a rock star of SQL.

Thanks for making sqlteam the great site that it is.

You know I missed an opportunity to comment on your milestone. I noticed number 6000 was one of your string-joins that fixed a hex conversion problem I couldn't solve!

Congratulations Rob.

Sam

Go to Top of Page

joldham
Wiseass Yak Posting Master

300 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-04 : 21:58:10
Congrats Rob! Keep up the good work.

Thanks for all your help (and the custom title)!

Jeremy

Go to Top of Page

rrb
SQLTeam Poet Laureate

1479 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-05 : 18:06:56
And I guess I'd better earn my keep...

Now Rob is a 6000-post bloke
(And 6000 posts is no joke!)
No other comes close
So raise up a
To the with the most, cheers Robvolk

*(Well, OK that's pretty lame, and I've assumed a similar pronunciation to the way yanks say "folk") so here goes:

The master of SQL posting
is a from Gainesville, (known for its bacon roasting?)
He's a pimp with a cause
And his "scrips have no floors"
He's 6000 posts strong and still coasting!

Edited by - rrb on 01/06/2003 00:23:34
Go to Top of Page

harshal_in
Aged Yak Warrior

633 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-06 : 01:58:28
great job .congrats

Expect the UnExpected
Go to Top of Page

Crespo24
Village Idiot

144 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-06 : 05:41:12
quote:

THANKS EVERYBODY!

Hmmmmm...a nickel for every post...hmmmm...that would be REALLY handy during this post-gift-buying season...not as handy as $5 for every post, but still nice...

HEY!!! How about a for every post? Would that be better? Of course, I'd share them with everyone!

I will never say congratulations because you will not give me my old login details back....
So I hope you have 6000% chance of bad luck with the next piece of code that you write.. I hope you find 6000 errors and it takes 6000 hours to run your unoptemised code.

What does a man have to do to have his login name back?
Just gimme the name Crespo FFS!

Go to Top of Page

Merkin

4970 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-06 : 06:09:10
I don't believe you Crespo.
You made the biggest scene about a stupid custom title. Left in a big huff, came back (people always come back begging after leaving in a huff), now you are doing the same shit.

Do yourself and everyone else a favour and get some perspective on life. Not one person here is ever going to take you seriously until you start acting your age.

Don't bother creating a million threads about this, it's pointless. We will lock them and you will look like a clown again.

I will now repeat what I have said to you a bunch of times.
Either stay and discuss SQL Server, or don't post here. This site has the "social area" type threads as part of the sites community. If you don't want to be a decent member of the community, don't bother posting in the social threads.

Damian
Go to Top of Page

Crespo24
Village Idiot

144 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-06 : 07:23:42
quote:

I don't believe you Crespo.
You made the biggest scene about a stupid custom title. Left in a big huff, came back (people always come back begging after leaving in a huff), now you are doing the same shit.

Do yourself and everyone else a favour and get some perspective on life. Not one person here is ever going to take you seriously until you start acting your age.

Don't bother creating a million threads about this, it's pointless. We will lock them and you will look like a clown again.

I will now repeat what I have said to you a bunch of times.
Either stay and discuss SQL Server, or don't post here. This site has the "social area" type threads as part of the sites community. If you don't want to be a decent member of the community, don't bother posting in the social threads.

Damian

Hmmm.. I promised myself that I wouldn't get involved again but huh... here we go..

1) I was not intedning to be rude... it was just a joke.
2) again I did not say the word custom title.
3) I was stressed out big time back then and I took out here for some reason.
4) If you remember, I did NOT joke with any of you guys from the begining and I posted my questions and answered some myself, it was only when I posted a couple of messages here that all the shit started comming out.

I ask you this Merkin (or whatever you're called)... did I joke with you people from the start?
Did I carry on bitching about the Custom title ALL the time... like I said... when I saw the way you guys joke about things here, I joined in and my request was purely for fun. After the first time I inquired about the custum title I received nothing but abuse. I know .. I know it was all just a joke but how was I suppose to know? I only asked. I did not know!

I would act my true age and concentrate on SQL.. yes... and I am sure you know that I do take questions and answers seriously. I never made fun out of an answer to a question etc.

If I am as bad and nasty as yo would like to think then I would have flooded this MB with shit all day long (believe me I could). But you don't know me..

Even my last post to robvolk was intended as a joke... don't you get it? 6000 errors... D'oh!

I ask you politely... could you give me the name Crespo back.. I will create a new user name.. but I would like to have the name Crespo... is that too much to ask?
I came here not because of the reason that you think it is (maybe not all of us think along the same chilish wavelength Merkin?).
I actually missed the site because it is USEFUL... I admitted my fault... so errrr.. I repeat your words... let's just move on and be good.. answer questions and have some fun here too?!

If I seem to remember correctly.. you're the one who todl me to chill out and then followed it up with that message of 'if you don't like it, lump it'.. all because I said it was too late.. because I felt embarrassed about the Custom title crap... (remember I didn't even know about the person who got one until people started posting about it!!!!!!!!!).

Bah anyway.... just keep it simple..

Can I have the name back or not please?

Go to Top of Page

Merkin

4970 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-06 : 07:29:52
OK

You mentioned not realising it was a joke. What you posted to Rob in this thread was less like a joke than what people posted to you originally. Same goes to what you posted to nr last week (yes we saw it, even though no-one mentioned it).

No, you may not have your old name or account back, for the moment at least. Maybe, down the track, if we see you being a very useful member of the community over an extended period of time, with NO mention of names or titles, things may change. For now, you have to prove yourself.

OK ? It's your call.

Damian

Edited by - merkin on 01/06/2003 07:32:16
Go to Top of Page
    Next Page

- Advertisement -