Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Long running queries

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2000-12-07 : 08:39:47
Gabe writes "I have been using the Profiler to determine what queries are taking a long time to run, and it works great when T-SQL statements are sent from client apps to Server.

But unfortunately, some systems I am tracking are creating client side cursors (prepared sql statements) and executing them, which makes it diffucult to determine what they are.

I am using the "Worst Performing Queries" trace which tells me what queries are taking long but they only show me the actual "execution" (sp_cursorexecute) and duration of these prepared statements and not the preparation (sp_cursorprepare) itself, which would show the sql statements being used.

I was wondering if it is possible to link these executions to their corresponding prepare statements so that I can tell what statements are the ones taking a long time.

Thanks in advance"

vivekgupta85
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-24 : 07:20:40
Hi All,

I have to find worst queries that are taking too much time in sql server 2000.
I have take the help of Sql profiler and I found some queries related to aspx page.
My boss wants this should be in sql format. How can i find out.
Please help me.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

sodeep
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7174 Posts

Posted - 2012-12-24 : 11:47:27
Based on Duration you can filter out in SQL Profiler and save as Trace Table for you to analyze.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -