Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Cannot Generate SSPI Context

Author  Topic 

rahuldpawar
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-15 : 02:49:21
Whenever I am trying to connect sql server through NT Logins its gives following error : cannot generate SSPI context.
Although if I try to connect from other machine through NT it connects .so can any one tell me whats is problem. is it with my pc or I have to reload NT

ValterBorges
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1429 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-15 : 03:02:10
try the latest service pack for your OS.

Go to Top of Page

harshal_in
Aged Yak Warrior

633 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-15 : 04:24:39
quote:

Whenever I am trying to connect sql server through NT Logins its gives following error : cannot generate SSPI context.
Although if I try to connect from other machine through NT it connects .so can any one tell me whats is problem. is it with my pc or I have to reload NT

I had the same problems a few weeks ago .Try using some different protocol using the client configuration utility.
regards,harshal

Expect the UnExpected
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-15 : 12:41:54
We had this problem about 2 years ago with SQL 7.0. Using a different protocol fixes the error, but it doesn't solve the problem. I remember that we had to modify the registry to fix it. You should do a search on support.microsoft.com for the details of the specific solution.

Go to Top of Page

setbasedisthetruepath
Used SQL Salesman

992 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-15 : 12:47:07
Has this always happened or did it once work and recently stopped working?

Jonathan
{0}
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -