Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 Call a page of IIS server through JOB

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-27 : 08:14:30
SATISH writes "Hi,

I want to call a specific page which is in IIS on daily basis at certain time. Can I do it using JOB.
If yes, How?

Thanx,

Satish"

royv
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

455 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-27 : 12:29:17
Well you can, but it's not an elegant solution. You can make either a command line application or a COM Object that will access the web page for you, and you have job call the command line exe or the COM objects. So in VB, you would use the Web Browser control either in a COM project or a command line project and use this control to access your web page.

Death must absolutely come to enemies of the code!
Go to Top of Page

ValterBorges
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1429 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-27 : 12:47:10
If the page is in IIS it is pulling the data either from the html source or from a database so if you find out where the data is comming from then you can have the database access the source directly.

Go to Top of Page

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

4970 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-27 : 22:25:31
A nicer version of roy's idea is to use the XMLHTTP component that is part of MSXML.

It will do an HTTP call without the nasty threading issues of a browser instance.

I am assuming this is to just trigger off an asp page at a scheduled time for an action rather than to retrieve data from it. Either way, XMLHTTP should help.

Damian
Go to Top of Page

royv
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

455 Posts

Posted - 2003-01-28 : 09:41:42
Nice one Merkin, didn't think of that. Need to get more familar with XML stuff.

Death must absolutely come to enemies of the code!

Edited by - royv on 01/28/2003 09:41:59
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -