Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 Freedom at last for Iraq (THANK YOU!)

Author  Topic 

Crespo24
Village Idiot

144 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 10:34:02
No more Saddam Hussein!

Woooohoooooo!

What’s the matter people? History was made yesterday and not one message here about it?

Loads of hugs & kisses to the British and American soldiers for doing such a super job (even though it’s not finished yet)

Thank you…… I hope they realise what they have done!

Please join me in wishing for a safe and happy world now that one of the most brutal and murderous tyrants in the world has lost his grip on power!

Love you all!

P.S.
Where do you get those beer drinking smilies?!
Can we have some Ganja smoking smilies as well please?
If not can we have some 50 beer drinking ones?

------------------------
Who am I going to be today?

jsmith8858
Dr. Cross Join

7423 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 11:03:53
Crespo -- how are things over there? Are the people really happy and celebrating? Did you witness any fighting? Is the war the reason you had to be away for a while? Do you have any good stories?

Sorry -- I am very curious! I didn't realize you lived there ...

- Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

4970 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 11:06:19
Coz he doesn't live there.

Damian
Go to Top of Page

Crespo24
Village Idiot

144 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 11:06:59
quote:

Crespo -- how are things over there? Are the people really happy and celebrating? Did you witness any fighting? Is the war the reason you had to be away for a while? Do you have any good stories?

Sorry -- I am very curious! I didn't realize you lived there ...

- Jeff

I could not get in... Jordan is the only place I dared to get to....
People are happy and there will be MASSIVE celebratiuons once it is truley over....

But I am hoping to go there as soon as the fighting stops. July sounds like a good time I think.

We haven't heard from our families for the last 10 days so we can only hope that they are alright. But watching that statue fall was better than sex!

Regards.

------------------------
Go to Top of Page

Crespo24
Village Idiot

144 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 11:07:57
quote:

Damian

Keep your filth away from this post please... I just want to celebrate...
so PISS OFF if you have nothing nice to say.

------------------------
Go to Top of Page

franco
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

255 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 11:08:19
There is nothing to be proud about war,thousend of innocent people,children,women,old people that have nothing to do with this war, have been killed.
It can be you,it can be me.There is nothing right on war,absolutely nothing.

Safe and happy world is not achievable thru war.
I onestly think that this war, like so many others, is there only for a matter of money,petrol in this case and power.

Franco
Go to Top of Page

Crespo24
Village Idiot

144 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 11:10:15
quote:

There is nothing to be proud about war,thousend of innocent people,children,women,old people that have nothing to do with this war, have been killed.
It can be you,it can be me.There is nothing right on war,absolutely nothing.

Safe and happy world is not achievable thru war.
I onestly think that this war, like so many others, is there only for a matter of money,petrol in this case and power.

Franco

Give it time..... the Americans and British have done a superb job so far so please don't say negative things yet. GIVE IT TIME!!! and CELEBRATE with the ordinary Iraqis PLEASE!

------------------------
Go to Top of Page

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

4970 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 11:10:31
quote:

Good advice. Take it.

Damian
Go to Top of Page

Crespo24
Village Idiot

144 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 11:13:50
quote:

quote:

Good advice. Take it.

Damian

hmmmm... my biggest fear? my childish attitude faced with the same... D'oh!!! why didn't I think of that!

Listen.... I am HAPPY... very HAPPY so in all fairness I don't give a shit what you think or say.... again.... I beg you to stay from my message.. if you can not do that then please be nice and say something nice about the piece of history that is being made!

Can you manage?

Edited by - Crespo24 on 04/10/2003 12:01:59
Go to Top of Page

Crespo24
Village Idiot

144 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 12:04:42
quote:

Damian

This is just for you, you Aussie tosspot because you probably don't believe that I am from Iraq...you probably thought that I changed my profile and country just to attract attention right?
I tell you what, here is a challange for you... get one of your arabic chums to translate this to you (hopefully you can find an Iraqi person)

Kes Umaak Ya Ibn El Kelb.... anie aneech umaak lael wa nahaar ya austuralie gawaad!

Kess umaaak!!!!!
Anil Abook labo el kalafaak ya manuooch!

Don't you understand or do you only know english? oh and SQL?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Who am I going to be today? (Piss taker me thinks!) checked my profile recently? NO?!

Edited by - Crespo24 on 04/10/2003 12:10:30
Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 12:23:25
Personally I speak SQL and a bit of english.
Can manage 'austuralie' and suspect that the rest was something to do with rugby union and getting stuffed.

Glad you're happy and that it's not all propaganda (giving you the benifit of doubt over ancestry).

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

Crespo24
Village Idiot

144 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 12:28:05
quote:

Personally I speak SQL and a bit of english.
Can manage 'austuralie' and suspect that the rest was something to do with rugby union and getting stuffed.

Glad you're happy and that it's not all propaganda (giving you the benifit of doubt over ancestry).

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.

Bah... I honestly thought you're smarter than that Nigel! You've let me down this time.

The only thing that stops from ending my little game is Merkin... I hate the fucker I really do....

The bits that you do not understand are arabic... and.. noting to do with rugby that's for sure.

The tosspot pissed me off again... I was hoping for some nicer posts but he had to fuck it up.

LONG LIVE IRAQ!

------------------------
Go to Top of Page

Page47
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2878 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 12:59:20
http://www.sqlteam.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23187

What caused the change of heart?

Jay White
{0}
Go to Top of Page

Crespo24
Village Idiot

144 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 13:02:24
quote:

Jay White
{0}

TWO THINGS:

1) Watching the statue fall to the ground.
2) Giving the US/UK the benefit of the doubt.

you got a problem with that?

P.S.
Why are you responding to my posts? Did you not listen to Merkin and
Co. ?! Shhh Honey... you shoudn't!

I had to edit this really... just checked the link that you had sent me and your comment linking Saddam with Bin Laden seems to have disappeared?! Strange! I honestly think there is a link no?
They are both murdering bastards... here ya go... do you feel better now?

------------------------

Edited by - Crespo24 on 04/10/2003 13:06:43
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 16:55:23
quote:

Jay White
{0}

I'm truly amazed...it's like looking at an ill mannered pendulum

I swear it's got to be Tourettes Syndrome

http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/md/tourettes.html
Go to Top of Page

rrb
SQLTeam Poet Laureate

1479 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 19:45:09
Hey Crespo

Serious question - Do you think there's any likelihood of a "truth and reconciliation commission" (like they had in Sth Africa) being set up for the perpetrators of Saddam's wishes? Do you think the locals will "hand them in" - or will they be too scared?

The biggest issue for Iraq as I see it (once they rebuild) is the possibility that the ex-secret police and other henchmen turn into organised crime...

Love to hear some comments.

It was fantastic to see the jubilation on the streets of Baghdad. God is gracious.

Cheers

--
I hope that when I die someone will say of me "That guy sure owed me a lot of money"
Go to Top of Page

JustinBigelow
SQL Gigolo

1157 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 20:19:43
quote:

The biggest issue for Iraq as I see it (once they rebuild) is the possibility that the ex-secret police and other henchmen turn into organised crime...

I think the biggest issue will be competing tribes vying for control. In Basra the British forces have appointed a local sheik to run things in the interim as opposed to an American or British force (which in theory is good but in practice has not worked out that well[link]http://www.msnbc.com/news/898588.asp?vts=041020031700[/link]). Hamid Karzai, the interim leader of Afghanistan, has virtually no control outside of Kabul and that is only because coalition forces there keep the peace (arguable). The Bhaathists will try and melt into the background as much as possible to avoid repercussions; organized crime usually has the benefit of intimidating the local populace while controlling/preventing intervention through bribery. The Bhaathists will have no chips to use to bribe whoever ends up in power since it is insured not to be them.

I think the biggest s#!t storm will come when Iraqis and Kurds clash over who controls the northern oil fields and cities such as Kirkut. Add a nervous Turkey to the west (the country not the bird ) and you have several political factions on edge for a good long while.

m2c,
Justin

Expect 0x80040106
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-10 : 20:31:20
DELETE FROM ForumTable Where ForumId = nnnn

-- Mostly because I feel filthy allowing myself to be dragged in to the mud

Edited by - x002548 on 04/11/2003 08:39:13
Go to Top of Page

n00b
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-11 : 07:59:25
quote:

Yes it was. At least some people appeciate the lives that are sacrificed to free a peoeple from a dicator that assisinated his own father.

Saddam never knew his father. He left when Saddam's mother was still pregnant. It is believed that Saddam had a horrible childhood and suffered a great deal at the hands of his uncle and relatives (due to being fatherless, a bastard). He took great pleasure in torturing animals, especially cats and dogs. Later on, Saddam developed a liking for torturing and killing fellow human beings. The rest is history....

I am interested to know where you get your information from? Saddam assassinated his father is simply not true.
Also,

appeciate is spelt appreciate
assisinated is assassinated
etc etc...

quote:

ps PLEASE let me know when your in NYC..be glad to meet you and show you around. Esp downtown.

Be careful... oh very careful what you wish for. Pre emptive action could legally be used against your threats.

Have a good day.

Edited by - n00b on 04/11/2003 08:03:30
Go to Top of Page

JimL
SQL Slinging Yak Ranger

1537 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-11 : 08:35:57
As an Ex-Soldier I can tell you I have witnessed (first hand) what military dictators can do to a population. The Terror techniques applied by them (Especially Sadam) reduces the people to a constant state of fear and apprehension.
Could you imagine living like that 24/7 ?
Most of us who can come to this site have freedom that these people have never known. If someone was to rape a woman in the middle of our street in front of our home what would we do, Stand there and watch, turn our backs and say its none of our business?
This world is all our home we all live here.
I feel Sorrow for every person Killed or injured in this war on both sides.

But if a Rabid Dog attacks the Children of my neighbor I will take out my Gun and Shoot it. This is no different.

Sorry I for bringing politics into SQL

Go to Top of Page

n00b
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2003-04-11 : 08:40:33
quote:

As an Ex-Soldier I can tell you I have witnessed (first hand) what military dictators can do to a population. The Terror techniques applied by them (Especially Sadam) reduces the people to a constant state of fear and apprehension.
Could you imagine living like that 24/7 ?
Most of us who can come to this site have freedom that these people have never known. If someone was to rape a woman in the middle of our street in front of our home what would we do, Stand there and watch, turn our backs and say its none of our business?
This world is all our home we all live here.
I feel Sorrow for every person Killed or injured in this war on both sides.

But if a Rabid Dog attacks the Children of my neighbor I will take out my Gun and Shoot it. This is no different.

Sorry I for bringing politics into SQL

Why are you sorry?!
This is a social forum for people to talk about anything but SQL!
There is no harm in discussing politics, it is only when people feel threatened that they become arrogant and offensive.

I have learnt a great deal 'through my experiment' and I am still learning about the way people interact etc.

Yes... Saddam's Iraq is not a pretty place, but you know what? There is a future for those people... because Saddam's Iraq is no more.. it is Iraq for Iraqis.

It will take time and patience but Iraqis will take care of themselves soon. Their children will be able to grow up and have a good future like we do.

JimL, you sound like a nice person.......

Have a good day.

Go to Top of Page
    Next Page

- Advertisement -