Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Help, geting error saying not trusted SQL server

Author  Topic 

Eagle_f90
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

424 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-28 : 12:29:49
I have SQL 2000 runing on my XP pro box and when I try to connect to it from anything (webpage that uses an ASP script, enterprise manager, query analizer, ect) I get the following error. I check the database and I am supplying the right passsword and Eagle_f90 is set as the DB owner for the database. Any ideas? I know it is just some realy stupid thing I am missing. Thanks!

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'Eagle_f90'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

/life.asp, line 4

--
For those with wings, fly to your dreams

Dearms are what are found at the end of reality, and your reality if what is found at the end of your dreams.

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-28 : 12:35:26
Well then how did you initially create the database?

Brett

8-)
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-28 : 12:43:35
It sounds like SQL Server has been configured to only allow Windows Authentication. Try connecting to the SQL Server using an account that has administrative privileges on the server. You can then correct this problem in EM by going to the properties for the server then to security.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-28 : 12:50:51
quote:

connect to it from anything (webpage that uses an ASP script, enterprise manager, query analizer, ect) I get the following error.

Well that was my point....

Brett

8-)
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-28 : 12:54:05
The configuration of the server could have changed after the database was setup. As long as the BUILTIN\Administrators group hasn't been removed, then you can always get in using an account that has administrative privileges.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-28 : 13:02:45
[qoute]
I have SQL 2000 runing on my XP pro box
[/quote]

S/he seems to be it though...

Eagle_f90,

Can you log on to the box directly?

Brett

8-)
Go to Top of Page

Eagle_f90

424 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-28 : 13:07:48
The account that was used to initaly install and setup the SQL server has been deleted, and yes I have direct access to the XP box (I am on it now)

I think the BUILTIN\Administrators account has been removed since Eagle_f90 is an admin account on the box.

--

Dearms are what are found at the end of reality, and your reality if what is found at the end of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-28 : 13:14:37
Well, then do what Tara suggest (It's not wise to upset royalty, ya know). Besides that's what it sounds like, and she's usually right all the time...(Tara don't you get bored of that?)

Hey S/He is a He.

Hey Matt, where's Derry, NH?

I love NH...great skiing Cannon is awsome...well except for the time I cracked my ribs in the woods..oh the there was the collarbone thing...

Gotta get up to bretton woods some day...

Brett

8-)
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-28 : 13:16:06
Is Eagle_f90 a Windows account or a SQL account? Typically the error that you are getting has to do with a SQL account. When the server is setup to only allow Windows authentication, no SQL accounts are able to be connected to SQL Server. This is a just a configuration option, so it is easily changed.

I would do a search on MS' knowledge base to see if any of the related articles fit your environment:
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/28/obit.hope/index.html[/url]

If you still can't figure it out, you will probably have to reinstall SQL Server.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-28 : 13:17:10
quote:
Originally posted by X002548

Well, then do what Tara suggest (It's not wise to upset royalty, ya know). Besides that's what it sounds like, and she's usually right all the time...(Tara don't you get bored of that?)

Haven't got bored of it yet!

Tara
Go to Top of Page

Eagle_f90

424 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-28 : 13:24:18
@X002548
Derry is just about 10 minute drive south of Manchester. I just moved here so have not been able to see what the skiing is like but I hope it is good.

@tduggan
Eagle_f90 is (or at least was) both, I know it is still an local account with admin access in XP, but I don't know if it is still an account on the SQL server. Things are soo messed up with it I think I am just going to reinstall. Thanks for the help anyways.

--

Go to Top of Page

chadmat
The Chadinator

1974 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-29 : 23:11:47
Can you post the connection string you are trying to use (In the web page)? Are you specifying a trustrd(integrated) connection?

-Chad

http://www.clrsoft.com

Software built for the Common Language Runtime.
Go to Top of Page

Eagle_f90

424 Posts

Posted - 2003-07-30 : 13:37:18
Like I stated in my last post I am just going to reinstall SQL.

--

Go to Top of Page

sleaklight
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 2007-01-14 : 05:53:51
Sorry to bring back a topic from the past but I was hacked yet again, this time I asm going with windows 2003 and sql server 2000. I do remmeber only setting up windows authentication only. I really don't have an explanation why I did such, must be the long hours and can't uhmm see what I am doing. Would you guys and gals be so kind as to walk me step by step to changing this? I opened up EM and tried to do what tkizer suggested only problem is I cannot find anywhere to go to properties and then security so if you can do a walkthrough for me I'd greatly appreciate it, thank you.
-Oscar
Go to Top of Page

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2007-01-14 : 06:48:44
ASP uses IUSR_<MACHINENAMEHERE> as default user.
Either grant access to that account, or change the connectionstring in the ASP page.
www.connectionstrings.com

Peter Larsson
Helsingborg, Sweden
Go to Top of Page

sleaklight
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 2007-01-14 : 12:30:15
I wqent ahead and reinstalled SQL, nothing was working out. Reinstalled and working, sort of
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -