SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 deleting replication
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

USA
36594 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  15:17:31  Show Profile  Visit tkizer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The white X with a red circle means that replication is failing.

I meant to stay stop the replication jobs found in the SQL Server Agent.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

rohans
Posting Yak Master

Jamaica
194 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  15:29:41  Show Profile  Visit rohans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I stopped them all. All jobs that seemed connected to the replication have been stopped about 4 days now.

All help appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

USA
36594 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  16:27:11  Show Profile  Visit tkizer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Run SQL Profiler to determine what is causing the events to be written.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

rohans
Posting Yak Master

Jamaica
194 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  17:13:04  Show Profile  Visit rohans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am running SQL 7 and the alter database set single_user does not work. It works for sql 2000 but not sql7. Any help where this is concerned.
I also shut down my subscription server and will be watching the application log to see how it grows. So far it appears as if it not growing as Fast.

All help appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

USA
36594 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  17:15:12  Show Profile  Visit tkizer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sp_dboption is what you need for SQL 7.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

rohans
Posting Yak Master

Jamaica
194 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  15:50:44  Show Profile  Visit rohans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The replication still has me down as the articles are not there but the entries in the sysarticles table are there.
I wonder if I can empty that table?

What does replinfo =3 mean in the sysobjects table?
Just to let you all know, I am now running the database on SQL 2000 with SQL sp3.

All help appreciated.

Edited by - rohans on 04/14/2004 15:52:35
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

USA
36594 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  15:57:47  Show Profile  Visit tkizer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know to both questions. I would suggest trying this out on a test server.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

rohans
Posting Yak Master

Jamaica
194 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  16:20:47  Show Profile  Visit rohans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How may I export the sysobjects or sysarticles table. I tried but it not showing up in the list when I tried importing or exporting. I think I have to T-script it but not too sure how to go about it. Anyone knows or has a prebuilt script?

All help appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

USA
36594 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  16:22:57  Show Profile  Visit tkizer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why do you want to export the data from sysobjects or sysarticles? These are system tables and really shouldn't be touched except through system stored procedures.

INSERT INTO TempTable
SELECT * FROM sysobjects

Tara
Go to Top of Page

rohans
Posting Yak Master

Jamaica
194 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  16:31:33  Show Profile  Visit rohans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is the big idea. I will export what I have in them now and the set the replinfo to 0 for them all. then see if the Db work the way I want. I found that the replinfo is reserved for replication but no idea of what the different integher values mean. I also saw a post in here where some on modified it. I know it risky but it is blocking an import from another database due to size restrictions. Err say: length on text,ntext, image (104635) to be replicated exceeds configured maximum......

Do you have any plans I can try?

All help appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

USA
36594 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  16:34:14  Show Profile  Visit tkizer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At this point, I would contact MS directly for them to help me out of this mess. When modifying data in the system objects, you could cause serious problems, such as causing the database to become suspect.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

derrickleggett
Pointy Haired Yak DBA

USA
4184 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  20:51:29  Show Profile  Visit derrickleggett's Homepage  Send derrickleggett an AOL message  Send derrickleggett a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Are the dates on this forum thread totally screwed???? If it's not I'm seeing that this thread started in January??????? That can't be right.

Rohans, have you already modified the system tables? More specifically, have you "copied" the sysobjects tables?

MeanOldDBA
derrickleggett@hotmail.com

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

USA
36594 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  21:38:23  Show Profile  Visit tkizer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He reopened the thread.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

derrickleggett
Pointy Haired Yak DBA

USA
4184 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2004 :  21:56:20  Show Profile  Visit derrickleggett's Homepage  Send derrickleggett an AOL message  Send derrickleggett a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So has this been screwed up for 3 months????

MeanOldDBA
derrickleggett@hotmail.com

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Go to Top of Page

rohans
Posting Yak Master

Jamaica
194 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  08:54:57  Show Profile  Visit rohans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well Derrick, It has been screwed for a while but we managed to acomplish what we had wanted to back then. I reopned the thread so I could totally clean up the replication issue. I have not touched the sysobject table or any other system table as I know this is a real bad idea, but I need a way out.
I hope you have a solution as we are in the process of doing another upgrade and need to sort this out.

All help appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

rohans
Posting Yak Master

Jamaica
194 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  11:14:55  Show Profile  Visit rohans's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is the fix
The sp_configure is the heart of this fix as it allows you to set the replication size. The command is

use master
go
exec sp_configure 'max text repl size', 550000
go
reconfigure
go

The reconfigure allows the update of the new values. It is also recommended that you restart your SQL server after applying the script to ensure the update of the values applied using the sp_configure.

All help appreciated.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000