Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 SQLBASE to SQL 2000

Author  Topic 

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2004-02-20 : 10:31:29
Yeah, Yeah, it's standardization time here....

Who let all this crap in, in the first place, I'll never know....

Damn thing has got to be from the mid 80's

Trying to point ERWin at it (and we all know how GREAT their documnetation is for 3.51) But it keeps telling me that it can't find SQLWNTM.DLL in my Path or working directory.....

What's a working directory? It doesn't say...found the DLL though...

Anyway...I need to find a comparison doc (or make one myself) to aid in the migration...

Did you know, the syntax for an outter join is a.col1 = b.col1(+)...

Like Oracle...but they only allow 1 outter join per query...

And this damn thig sends money out the door....

Where is that half penney router I remeber hearing about....

Brett

8-)

jhermiz

3564 Posts

Posted - 2004-02-20 : 11:19:26
huh?

Regarding working directory: it is just that the directory you are working. In unix based systems its

pwd

and in windows based systems at a console its

cd

both return the current working directory. Your path can be set if you right click on my computer, goto properties, advanced tab, button reads 'environment variables' (at least it does in winxp).

As for the rest of your question I never have a clue what you're talking about (or smoking).
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2004-02-20 : 12:01:16
quote:
Originally posted by jhermiz

huh?

Regarding working directory: it is just that the directory you are working. In unix based systems its

pwd

and in windows based systems at a console its

cd

both return the current working directory. Your path can be set if you right click on my computer, goto properties, advanced tab, button reads 'environment variables' (at least it does in winxp).

As for the rest of your question I never have a clue what you're talking about (or smoking).

Just Maragrittas these days my friend...

And its an ERWin message...

quote:

Establishing connection to SQLBase;
Unable to load sqlwntm.dll (0)
Check that sqlwntm.dll is in your path or working directory

I wish it were in the path of my commuter train right about now...

Brett

8-)
Go to Top of Page

eyechart
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3575 Posts

Posted - 2004-02-20 : 12:17:20
google found this for you:

http://www.sqldirect-soft.com/faqs.html#q2

Look at the section for the client install, this DLL is part of the client.

-ec
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2004-02-20 : 12:31:50
Brett, path information is a system environmental variable on your computer. If it can't find a file in the current directory, it checks for the file in the directories listed in your path.

To see your path, right click on my computer, go to properties, then to advanced, then to environmental variables button. I'm on XP, so to get to that button, it might be just a tad different.

You can also easily get to your path by typing path in a cmd window. Modifying your path though, I would suggest going to the environmental variables button.

So is that DLL in your path?

Tara
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2004-02-20 : 14:41:17
Thanks eyechart/Tara

I got everything as it is suppose to be....I guess ERWin 3.5x on Win2k might be causing a problem....

Damn....

Maybe I'll try adding to the Path and place it in the root C:
What's a working dir again? I figure it's where ERWin Launces...yeah I put it there too...as well as about a dozen places....

Brett

8-)
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2004-02-20 : 15:02:33
So when you say SQLBASE, are you referring to Centura SQLBase? If so, I think there is a sql.ini file on your machine that sets the working directory. It's been over 2 years now since I've worked on that DBMS, so I could be wrong. You'll probably find a few sql.ini files on your machine.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

X002548
Not Just a Number

15586 Posts

Posted - 2004-02-23 : 14:17:17
Well I found it on the lan...do I need to install it's client tools?

I can access the damn thing through SQLTalk

I made all of the path chmages, ect, and I still get the same error...

Anyone know what I have to do with the SQL.INI File?

I wonder if I can use DTS?

Brett

8-)
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2004-02-23 : 15:15:23
It's been too long since I've seen a sql.ini file. Yes you can use DTS to transfer the data, but the ODBC drivers will have to be installed on the database server or on a client machine such as yours. The ODBC drivers are installed when you install the tools.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -