Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Log Shipping Problem

Author  Topic 

Fonkberry
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2004-03-05 : 10:01:53
Hello,

I am in Log Shipping hell. I thought log shipping was supposed to be so strait forward and easy!

After setting up log shipping I have four databases that continue to try an load the first_file_000000000000.trn log, that is created when the plan is first initialized. It happens even though the backup/copy/loads are functioning successfully and according to the plan schedule, and this initial file doesn't even exist in the designated share because it's been deleted according to the log retention schedule. This is some crazy:crazy: Microsoft crap! When are these people going to produce a utility that actually works? What else should I have expected.....Anyway, here is the error: It's like...tell me something I don't know, like why is this happening!

[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 4305: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The log in this backup set begins at LSN 33000000022600001, which is too late to apply to the database. An earlier log backup that includes LSN 33000000011800001 can be restored.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]RESTORE LOG is terminating abnormally.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much!

Ren Flot

MuadDBA

628 Posts

Posted - 2004-03-05 : 15:17:03
Please don't cross post. See topic in General SQL Server for my response.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -