Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 creating database using my script, but got an erro

Author  Topic 

sql777
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

314 Posts

Posted - 2004-04-17 : 12:16:02
I generated a sqlscript of my entire db and created a new db from it. I received an error when I ran the sql script in QA.
Here is the error: "Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'LogDetails'. The stored procedure will still be created."

When I looked in the newly created database, the stored proc LogDetails is there? Could this be because of some PK or FK issues somehow?

gpl
Posting Yak Master

195 Posts

Posted - 2004-04-17 : 12:38:39
What this is is that the procedure 'LogDetails' is needed by the procedure that failed ... it has been created but the reference to it hasnt been stored.

Rearrange the order of stored procedures so that 'LogDetails' is first and all should be well

Graham
Go to Top of Page

sql777
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

314 Posts

Posted - 2004-04-17 : 20:06:17
Ok that's what I thought.
but what Reference wasnt' created?
Go to Top of Page

nr
SQLTeam MVY

12543 Posts

Posted - 2004-04-18 : 00:37:39
sql server holds a record of dependencies by object ID. If SP A calls SP B then it records this fact. If B has not yet been created then it doesn't have an object ID and so the dependency cannot be recorded and this is what the error message is saying.
For running it doesn't cause a problem as long as B is created before A is run as the query plan is created on first run.

==========================================
Cursors are useful if you don't know sql.
DTS can be used in a similar way.
Beer is not cold and it isn't fizzy.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -