Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 DTS updating a table from one database to another?

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2004-04-26 : 11:31:35
Marcellus writes "I have been attempting to use DTS to update a database (A) table (AT) from another database (B) table (BT). The two tables need to sync only 3 columns and all rows. I can easily pull the information from database A but the updating of B has been problematic it just doesnt appear to work at. I am currently knee deep in SQL books to figure if I can do this or not. Any help be extremely grateful.

I think I am missing a key point using data driven query it pulls the data I connect the fields I want updated wrote and update query below and still nothing?

query for update under QUeries -> update:

UPDATE dbo.ZMPC_SN_LINK
SET ZMATNR = ?, ZSERNUM_U
= ?, ZSERNUM_HDWID = ?"

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2004-04-26 : 12:41:40
Could you show us the table definition? Could you also show us some sample data and what you are trying to do. Once we have that, we'll be able to help you out.

You don't need DTS for this also. If this needs to be scheduled, just setup a job to run the UPDATE statement.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -