Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Email Inbox Style Insert

Author  Topic 

Lord Dubu
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2004-05-13 : 12:25:06
Until now my job in relation to SQL has been mainly the harvesting of data using select statements.

But now i've been asked to do a billing interface that would behave similarly to the checkbox lists of email sites like yahoo and hotmail.
A list of users comes up from my querry, and each has a checkbox next to it, if the user selects a checkbox, the corresponding user should be added to the billing queue.

Can anyone point me to an article that might talk about this style of setup?

derrickleggett
Pointy Haired Yak DBA

4184 Posts

Posted - 2004-05-13 : 22:04:55
You might want to look at asp.net and aspalliance.net. These are really good starting points to learn things like this.

MeanOldDBA
derrickleggett@hotmail.com

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Go to Top of Page

ravilobo
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1184 Posts

Posted - 2004-05-14 : 02:59:04
quote:

But now i've been asked to do a billing interface that would behave similarly to the checkbox lists of email sites like yahoo and hotmail.
A list of users comes up from my querry, and each has a checkbox next to it, if the user selects a checkbox, the corresponding user should be added to the billing queue.

Can anyone point me to an article that might talk about this style of setup?

Man thats altogether a different ball game...!
And an ocean by itself? The way you describe i am sure you don't even know HTML..doesn't matter..there is always a start...You need to learn
1>HTML -page design
2>JavaScript - client side scripting
3>ASP/ASP.net - Server side scripting /data access
4>IIS - web server.

All the best.

------------------------
I think, therefore I am
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -