Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Permission to execute CMDEXEC

Author  Topic 

gercr
Yak Posting Veteran

53 Posts

Posted - 2004-06-04 : 13:05:27
Hi, I set a Job whit a few steps, 1. Backup, 2. copy the file to other location, 3. rename original file.

so, I create a user Operator with Backup operator Permissions on the DB, and the user how run the job automatic is the user Operator, The step 1, is working ok, but the 2 and 3 steps giveme this message:

Non-SysAdmins have been denied permission to run CmdExec job steps. The step failed.

Is possible grant to this user Operator, permission to exec this cmdexec command without give him SysAdmins role?

Regards.

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2004-06-04 : 13:08:27
When a job executes, it runs under SQLSERVERAGENT service account. Are you using an account that has local admin privileges and has sysadmin in SQL Server?

Tara
Go to Top of Page

gercr
Yak Posting Veteran

53 Posts

Posted - 2004-06-04 : 13:34:14
The Service Account have sysadmin and local admin.

Something, If I set owner of the job from Operator to sa, the job execute ok!
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2004-06-04 : 13:37:08
Found this in BOL:

How to reset SQLAgentCmdExec permissions (Enterprise Manager)
To reset SQLAgentCmdExec permissions

Expand a server group, and then expand a server.

Expand Management, right-click SQL Server Agent, and then click Properties.

Click the Job System tab.

Under Non-SysAdmin job step proxy account, clear the Only users with SysAdmin privileges can execute CmdExe and ActiveScripting job steps check box, and click Reset Proxy Account.

Type the user name, password, and domain of the user account to be used by SQL Server Agent when running jobs owned by users who are not system administrators.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

gercr
Yak Posting Veteran

53 Posts

Posted - 2004-06-04 : 15:17:25
Tara, Thanks! !!!

Regards.

Gerardo G.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -