Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 MSDE (2000)
 MSDE security issues relating to NT services?

Author  Topic 

spongebob
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2004-07-01 : 12:09:34
Hello,

could anybody help me?? I am developing an application on a windows 2000 server machine, which runs as a NT service. Periodically this program calls a stored procedure from within a MSDE2000 database, at which point it reports a "EAccessViolation" - Which I've put down to some sort of security issue. This stored procedure attempts to insert data into a table of the database (although other stored procedures which don't attempt data inserts seem to work fine). Outside the NT service, I written a simple test program (running as a normal application) which works fine !! I've tried lots of things with no success (even logging the service in as Administrator) but now have nowhere to turn !!

any ideas will be gratefully received (apologises if this isn't the right forum, but I think the problem may be down to MSDE security authentication) - thanks in advanced.

spongebob
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2004-07-02 : 06:48:23
Opps!! This problem turned out to be a very silly coding error, and my overall lack of trust for anything ms based

No security issues here !
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -