Please start any new threads on our new site at We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ
Register Now and get your question answered!
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2000)
 Using Datediff to split up vacation time
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2004 :  11:25:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having some trouble figuring out how to find the differnce between two dates and not include the weekends and holidays. The problem is, if I have vacation time that falls over two months (eg: July 29th - August 3th) That is technically only 21 hours of vacation time (7 hour days), I need to be able to show 14 hours for July and 7 hours for August, but how do I figure out(out 21 vacation hours) how many hours fell in July and how many fell in August. If I used a datediff I am going to get 5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

1242 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2004 :  19:29:24  Show Profile  Visit timmy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You'll probably need to create a UDF for this. Otherwise your query will be close to unmanagable. Particularly if you want to include holidays - in which case you'll obviously need to create a separate table.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000