Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Cannot load the DLL sqlmap70.dll

Author  Topic 

imughal
Posting Yak Master

192 Posts

Posted - 2004-07-28 : 07:16:00
hi,

i am working on email with sql server 2000. when i tried to access xp_sendmail procedure then i m getting following error message.

ODBC: Msg 0, Level 16, State 1
Cannot load the DLL sqlmap70.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.).

can anyone help me out.

derrickleggett
Pointy Haired Yak DBA

4184 Posts

Posted - 2004-07-28 : 08:27:38
That's probably not good. :) You need to go to this folder and make sure the file exists:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn

Type these two statements into Query Analyzer on the master database:

EXEC sp_help 'xp_sendmail'
EXEC sp_helptext 'xp_sendmail'

It should return this:

xp_sendmail dbo extended stored proc 2000-08-06 01:30:42.717
sqlmap70.dll

Let us know how this part goes. Have you had this problem before, or is this the first time you're trying to use xp_sendmail? Also, what account is the SQL Server and SQL Server Agent services running under?

MeanOldDBA
derrickleggett@hotmail.com

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Go to Top of Page

Rick Barwig
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2014-02-26 : 14:11:36
[quote]Originally posted by derrickleggett

That's probably not good. :) You need to go to this folder and make sure the file exists:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn

Type these two statements into Query Analyzer on the master database:

EXEC sp_help 'xp_sendmail'
EXEC sp_helptext 'xp_sendmail'

It should return this:

xp_sendmail dbo extended stored proc 2000-08-06 01:30:42.717
sqlmap70.dll

Let us know how this part goes. Have you had this problem before, or is this the first time you're trying to use xp_sendmail? Also, what account is the SQL Server and SQL Server Agent services running under?

Derrick,
I too am running into this problem for a client I just picked up. I ran the query and it did return the results that you stated. SQL mail has never been setup on this server. I installed Outlook 2003 and now can see a profile in the properties of SQLMail. But if I hit test, I get the original posters' error.

Thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -