Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 MSDE (2000)
 Cant find installer?

Author  Topic 

Culbert
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2004-07-31 : 22:30:25
I'm trying my first install of MSDE 2000 and having some difficulty. I downloaded the package, then extracted it. Then read the entire readme telling me all the requirements and such. I then opened a console window, and tried to install it. I made my changes to my .ini file and referenced that on the command line. I'm getting an error message however that says this. "The installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package".

I went to the knowledge base and the only thing I could find as a possible problem was that I have SQL server running all 16 instances on my machine, but this is my first install ever so there's no way that I have any other instances running. Please help!

I've tried this on two systems already and gotten the same message twice now. I'm starting to think that I may have gotten a bum package.

Culbert
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2004-07-31 : 22:52:59
Just as I was writing that last post, I thought... hmm I wonder if I did download a corrupt copy. So I downloaded another copy of the file and sure enough there were a TON of files missing. So, I'll give that install a try now. I may be back though. :o)
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -