Please start any new threads on our new site at We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ
Register Now and get your question answered!
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - SQL Server 2005/Yukon
 Event Viewer Log Over Flowing
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2004 :  23:18:06  Show Profile  Visit orgbrat's Homepage
I have just installed SQL Server 2005 Beta 2 and the machine that I installed it on now has the Windows Application Event Viewer log is over flowing with Event# 18453 "Success Audit", Source is MSSQLSERVER, Category is "Logon". It is creating this Event Viewer entry every 7 seconds and I can not determine how to stop the entry. is there someone that has had this problem or can tell me how to handle it. Thanks....

Steve Graddy MCP, MCAD.Net

Microsoft SQL Server Product Team

34 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  00:29:18  Show Profile
Don't have Yukon handy but in SQL2k you change this by going into Server Properties, Security and changing the auditing.

Go to Top of Page

Pointy Haired Yak DBA

4184 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  15:40:37  Show Profile  Visit derrickleggett's Homepage  Send derrickleggett an AOL message  Send derrickleggett a Yahoo! Message
If you go to the workbench, right-click on the server in the Object Explorer and go to properties. Click on Security and change the Login Auditing to only audit for failures.

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000