Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: Microsoft SQL Server Health and History Tool

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2004-08-16 : 10:39:15
"The Microsoft SQL Server Health and History Tool is designed to allow you to collect information from instances of SQL Server, store this information, and run reports against the data in order to determine how SQL Server is being used." It appears to capture configuration data and store it on a regular basis. The Deployment Guide has more information.

Article Link.

Argyle
Yak Posting Veteran

53 Posts

Posted - 2004-08-17 : 05:23:14
Has anyone actually got this tool to work? It has failed on all servers I've tried on. Either with strange "incorrect syntax near 'd'" errors or "out-of-range error when converting char to datetime"...

Looks like a good tool though if you could get it to work...
Go to Top of Page

eyechart
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3575 Posts

Posted - 2004-08-18 : 01:21:22
it doesn't work with a cluster though. useless to me, since everything we have is clustered.

-ec
Go to Top of Page

fhanlon
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2004-10-05 : 16:57:29
When I tried to schedule a task for the SQL H2 collector I got the error message " The system cannot find the file specified" I have the latest .net installed. I skipped that step. Then when i try to get data I get the error "The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value." I have uninstalled this product as it appears to be useless. Maybe in the future it will actually work.
Go to Top of Page

vijai.krishnaraj
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2008-04-08 : 00:53:05
Hi

I have configured this in my servers, the tools seems to be very good one, but u require some tweeking here and there. otherwise you can use this tool in lot of ways.

Vijai

Thanks & Regards

Vijai Krishnaraj
Go to Top of Page

sparkle
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 2008-06-27 : 12:55:37
Hi Vijai,

Do you have your SQLH2 running as a job each night? I can't get mine working properly, as it doesn't see the H2Config.xml file.

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -