Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Cannot open database requested in login L

Author  Topic 

linglp
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2004-08-22 : 03:55:27
I encounter this error when migrating of MSQL 7, WinNT to MSQL 2000, Win2000. The same set of VB code(object) is used in the old environment but it happened only in Win2000. It does not return the error all the time. It happen only in high peak. I believe with the new system, the performance it is much better than WinNT. I am using MDAC 2.5. wanted to upgrade to the newer version however not sure whether after updgrade does it resolve such problem. As to upgrade the MDAC, i need to thorough testing and it take me some time. Anyone encounter the same error? Please help, thanks

derrickleggett
Pointy Haired Yak DBA

4184 Posts

Posted - 2004-08-22 : 12:12:17
You should upgrade immediately. I haven't seen any issues at all upgrading from MDAC 2.5. We don't even let our developers use the old MDAC versions.

MeanOldDBA
derrickleggett@hotmail.com

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Go to Top of Page

linglp
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2004-08-27 : 11:46:03
thanks. I had tried it out and it doesn't help. I am not sure should I recomplie the com object. I used both asp and com objects.

I just can't explain why this occurs and is it urgent. Now we just keep on update the record for those which is failed and it is very tedious.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -