SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Testing Multi-Language Support - NLS
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

holdit90018
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  18:33:35  Show Profile
I've been tasked with testing a client application using SQL Server 2000 and NLS support. I've never done this before so it is confusing to me. I've been asked to make sure that the client application (running on Windows 2000) supports the following languages:

English UK
German
French (Belgium)
Spanish
And maybe Korean and Japanese.

The client that I am testing is an Admin tool similiar to Enterprise Manager. Like I stated earlier I've never done this before so I have the following questions:

1. What do I need to do to SQL Server 2000 to setup for such testing? Do I need to install different versions of SQL Server 2000?

2. Do I need to generate data in each language from some tool to input into SQL Server in order to test?

3. I know this is not a Windows forum but do I need to setup anything in the Windows 2000 environment for the various languages?

If any one has done something similiar to this or can shed some light please let me know. Any help that you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

USA
36636 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2004 :  18:35:25  Show Profile  Visit tkizer's Homepage
Does the database schema support multiple languages? Data types would need to be nvarchar and nchar for the character and variable character columns.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

holdit90018
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  11:57:33  Show Profile
Yes. The database schema does support multiple languages.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000