Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 How to tell version of Enterprise Manager

Author  Topic 

bskhosla
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 2004-09-16 : 15:07:15
If you're in Enterprise Manager, how can you distinguish if it is a 7.0 or 2000 version? For that matter, how do you tell if you 7.0 or 2000 installed - thanks.

spirit1
Cybernetic Yak Master

11752 Posts

Posted - 2004-09-16 : 15:23:38
click on the server -> click right mouse button -> choose properties. it shows you what you need.

or in Query analyzer do:
select @@version

Go with the flow & have fun! Else fight the flow
Go to Top of Page

bskhosla
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 2004-09-16 : 15:37:27
Actually, I'm trying to find out what CLIENT version I have - not the server version. EG. SEM version 7.0 or 2000 ...? Any clues?
Go to Top of Page

eyechart
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

3575 Posts

Posted - 2004-09-16 : 15:39:03
@@version tells you the edition of SQL Server that you are connected to, not the version of the tools you are using.

To find the tool version you can go into the binn directory of the SQL Server installation and check the properties of the files there. They should be numbered with .760 or whatever SP or hotfix you have installed in your system.

For Enterprise Manager you would want to look at the SQLMMC.dll file found in c:\program files\microsoft sql server\80\Tools\Binn directory. This is the default location, it might be different if you changed where you software is installed.

EDIT:
btw, you can select "About Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager" from the Help menu in EM. This will tell you if you are using a 7.x release or an 8.x (SQL 2000) release. It will not tell you the specific build though. For that you need to check the version of the .dll as described above.

-ec
Go to Top of Page

bskhosla
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 2004-09-16 : 15:42:22
Thank you much for your feedback!
Go to Top of Page

spirit1
Cybernetic Yak Master

11752 Posts

Posted - 2004-09-16 : 15:42:40
or you can go to Help->About. i think there's the same info...

Go with the flow & have fun! Else fight the flow
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -