Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 SQL Server to DB2 Migration Problem

Author  Topic 

diggott
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2004-09-22 : 09:13:55
Hi,
I've been having no luck finding any help with this. No one seems to want to migrate to OS/390 DB2...... I wonder why. Anyway I need to get a whole load of SQL Server 2K tables transfered accross to a DB2 database. I'm using DTS with an ODBC connection to the mainframe. When I try and transfer data I keep getting data conversion errors. It tells me that a column that is defined as a VARCHAR 35 won't transfer to it's DB2 equivalent that is defined as exactly the same thing. The funny thing is it tells me in the message that it's a TIMESTAMP format column which isn't true. Can anyone help me with this or suggest something else I could use to do this as it's driving me mad and I'll have to manually migrate 5 million rows of data some how.... ! HELP !
See the message I'm getting below:
Error during Transformation 'DirectCopyXform' for Row number 1. Errors encountered so far in this task:1.
TransformCopy 'DirectCopyXform' conversion error: Conversion invalid for datatypes on column pair 20 (source column 'xxxxxx' (DBTYPE_STR), destination column 'xxxxxx' (DBTYPE_DBTIMESTAMP)).

diggott
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2004-10-04 : 08:36:39
Some help you all are. Thanks a lot....
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -