Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 SQL Mail

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2004-12-14 : 08:11:43
Jon writes "I am trying to use SQL mail to process queries from email. The ultimate goal would be to enable a database to be updated without the problems of connecting to a corporate network.

So i have set up SQL mail and can use xp_sendmail, findnextmsg, readmail, deletemsil, startmail and stopmail with no problems. What i can't get the system to do is use SP_Processmail. If i try i get this

Server: Msg 18025, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
xp_sendmail: failed with mail error 0x80004005
Queries processed: 0.

This only happens when there is an unread message in the inbox.

Hi have a Windows 2000 server, running SQL2000 SP3a, MS Exchange and an Outlook 2003 client. I have searched through any reference i can find on the web, but nothing has solved the problem.

Any chance that you can shed some light on this for me?
Thanks in advance

Jon "

derrickleggett
Pointy Haired Yak DBA

4184 Posts

Posted - 2004-12-14 : 18:58:34
Stupid question. How is SQL Mail going to receive the email without being connected to the corporate network????

Don't depend on SQLMail for something like this. It's flaky and uses very old technology. If you're determined to go down this path, write a component to do this for you.

MeanOldDBA
derrickleggett@hotmail.com

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -