Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 Query problems passing values

Author  Topic 

babray
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2005-01-24 : 14:45:10
Hi!

I am having trouble with a query for a ColdFusion page. Here's the setup:

From a large selection page a single item is selected and the value is passed through the parameter: <cfparam name="URL.Met_ID" default="1">.

On the second, or details page, information from the database is displayed and a Flash slide show is displayed. The information is displaying fine, but there is a quirk passing data to the page that displays the dynamic Flash data. The same <CFparam is located on the dynamicxml.cfm (the page that creates the silde show). I know the slideshow is working because when I change the default to a value that contains photos, it displays correctly.

1. Off the dynamicxml.cfm page here is the query and output section:

<cfparam name="URL.Met_ID" default="1">
<cfquery name="rs_minImages" datasource="mmdb">
SELECT *
FROM Images LEFT OUTER JOIN MineralDesc
ON MineralDesc.Met_ID=Images.Met_ID
WHERE Images.Met_ID=#URL.Met_ID#
</cfquery>

<!--- HERE'S WHERE WE START THE LOOP --->

<cfoutput query="rs_minImages">
<image url="Gallery/#rs_minImages.ImageLarge#" caption="#rs_minImages.ImageDescLong#" link="#rs_minImages.Contributor#" /> </cfoutput>

2. I have also tried the following Query:
<cfquery name="rs_minImages" datasource="mmdb">
SELECT *
WHERE Images.Met_ID=#URL.Met_ID#
</cfquery>
and it does not even work by changing the cfparam.

3. I also tried putting the following on the dynamicxml.cfm along with the above query(#1), and that does not work! <cfquery name="rs_minDesc" datasource="mmdb">
SELECT *
FROM MineralDesc
WHERE Met_ID = #URL.Met_ID#
</cfquery>

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? It looks like the Met_ID is not getting passed somehow, but for the life of me I cannot see why.

Thanks!
Betty

PS: Hope I've been clear, if not I'll try again!

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2005-01-24 : 16:06:02
It sounds like you need to find a Cold Fusion forum as I don't think anyone that visits SQLTeam.com frequently has ever answered a Cold Fusion question.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -