Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 DTS pkg open error "class not registered"

Author  Topic 

smithje
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-01 : 18:14:31
Running SQL 2K. Have several DTS packages that I've always been able to open successfully in past. Since a few weeks ago I get a DTS Designer Error when trying to open packages. "Class Not Registered". Package eventually opens and I can view properties of only the connections. When I try to view and edit the workflow elements I get another error "Invalid provider, select a valid provider". Error prompt has only the annoying "OK" button. Packages are stored externally. Have updated MDAC and run the WMI fixes with no success. Other users in my server group do not have this problem. All servers set up at same time.

smithje
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-04 : 12:02:56
Got it
No one responded but in my search for info I found a few items out in the black hole of google to guess that I have corrupted dll files or problems with their registrations. I tried reloading a set of them from the service pak but got nowhere. Threw in the towel and reran the sp. The problem went away.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -