SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ
 
Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Development Tools
 Reporting Services Development
 DateTime as parameter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GunZ
Starting Member

Australia
29 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  03:16:18  Show Profile  Visit GunZ's Homepage  Send GunZ an ICQ Message  Send GunZ a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried passing DateTime data type as parameter to link to another report?

I tried it on the development and it works perfectly, however, when deployed RS claims :

quote:
The value provided for the report parameter 'ToDate' is not valid for its type. (rsReportParameterTypeMismatch) Get Online Help


I tried an explicit conversion by using Convert.ToDateTime but it yields the same error.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Australia.NSW.Sydney.GunZ

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

USA
36582 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  12:14:36  Show Profile  Visit tkizer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes I have been able to successfully send datetime data to another report and have not received that error. Is there a CDate() function that you can use? I have had to use CInt() in some of my reports due to similar errors.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

GunZ
Starting Member

Australia
29 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2005 :  01:24:02  Show Profile  Visit GunZ's Homepage  Send GunZ an ICQ Message  Send GunZ a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tduggan

Yes I have been able to successfully send datetime data to another report and have not received that error. Is there a CDate() function that you can use? I have had to use CInt() in some of my reports due to similar errors.

Tara



Thanks for the reply.

I tried the CDate() function on the MSDE and it works but when deployed, I get the same error. For this, I used Internet Explorer with the following specs

Version : 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158
OS = MS-Windows XP Pro w/ SP 2


Incidentally, I tried another browser and from that browser, everything worked fine without any use of a function.

EDIT:
Incidentally, I checked out the CGI call being made in the browser that works and compared it with IE...

They're both the same but I recall that date formats are different from the United States (i.e. MM/DD/YYYY vs DD/MM/YYYY) and when I switched day and month values to form the correct one, it worked on IE. So I guess the date format from one report to another has bearing on this

Edited by - GunZ on 03/07/2005 18:46:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000