Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 Reporting Services Development
 DateTime as parameter

Author  Topic 

GunZ
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-02 : 03:16:18
Has anyone tried passing DateTime data type as parameter to link to another report?

I tried it on the development and it works perfectly, however, when deployed RS claims :

quote:
The value provided for the report parameter 'ToDate' is not valid for its type. (rsReportParameterTypeMismatch) Get Online Help

I tried an explicit conversion by using Convert.ToDateTime but it yields the same error.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Australia.NSW.Sydney.GunZ

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-02 : 12:14:36
Yes I have been able to successfully send datetime data to another report and have not received that error. Is there a CDate() function that you can use? I have had to use CInt() in some of my reports due to similar errors.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

GunZ
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-07 : 01:24:02
quote:
Originally posted by tduggan

Yes I have been able to successfully send datetime data to another report and have not received that error. Is there a CDate() function that you can use? I have had to use CInt() in some of my reports due to similar errors.

Tara

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the CDate() function on the MSDE and it works but when deployed, I get the same error. For this, I used Internet Explorer with the following specs

Version : 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158
OS = MS-Windows XP Pro w/ SP 2

Incidentally, I tried another browser and from that browser, everything worked fine without any use of a function.

EDIT:
Incidentally, I checked out the CGI call being made in the browser that works and compared it with IE...

They're both the same but I recall that date formats are different from the United States (i.e. MM/DD/YYYY vs DD/MM/YYYY) and when I switched day and month values to form the correct one, it worked on IE. So I guess the date format from one report to another has bearing on this
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -