Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 SS_DATA_TYPE and Integer Fields

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-02 : 07:46:14
Corey writes "I have SQL Server 2000 installed on two different servers. I assume they were both installed the same way but I can't guarantee that.

On one server if I create an integer field in a table and look at the field definition using sp_columns the SS_DATA_TYPE is 38. On the other server if I do the same thing the new interger field shows up with a SS_DATA_TYPE value of 56.

I am using Hyperion Intelligence (fromerly Brio) to connect to this data and the values with the SS_DATA_TYPE value 38 get interpreted incorrectly.

Is the SS_DATA_TYPE a varable that can be set somewhere? I need to have it default to 56 for new integer fields.

Thanks"

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-02 : 07:48:23
Interestingly enough, I cannot find a type value of 38 in the SQL Server systypes table, which leads me to believe it could be a user-defined type. Regardless, this value cannot be changed, and if it were it would cause problems with SQL Server.

I'd suggest contacting Hyperion to see if they have a new driver, and to make them aware of the issue.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -