Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 error '80040e14' Could not find stored procedure

Author  Topic 

lakhva
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-31 : 11:47:44
Hi,

I did successful restore of database on my development server from the back up of production database.NOw none of the ASP pages are working. Whereever there is a call to the database by a stored procedure i'm getting the follwing error message.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'storedproceure_name'.

Here is some more information:

(1)I did this restore with my user name and password. I thought it might be related to permission issue so I also changed database owner to "SA" but it didn't help.

(2) After the successful restore i'm able to see all the tables and stored procedures in my database. So the error message "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'storedproceure_name'" does't make any sense to me.

(3)I also didn't change my DSNs or any existing connection code in ASP files.

(4)Yes restore operation failed few times and i deleted the existing database and recreated it with same name.

So I guess this has to do something with database back up and restore. Any suggestios?

CanadaDBA

583 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-31 : 12:04:11
In EM, check the user id that your ASP application is using to connect to SQL Server. Control if it has EXEcute rights for the SPs. You might drop that user id from Users under the database and reassign it with the EXEC right.

Canada DBA
Go to Top of Page

lakhva
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-31 : 13:31:30
Hi,

There is a user id that my ASP application is using to connect to SQL Server & it is still there.When i did the restore of my development database all the logins which were already there remained unchanged.
Still to make sure i've given that account all the access from system administrator to database creator but still it doesnt help and i am still getting error '80040e14' Could not find stored procedure .
Go to Top of Page

jason
Posting Yak Master

164 Posts

Posted - 2005-03-31 : 15:47:46
What is the default database of the ASP account? It won't see the procedure if it's not logging into the right database.

Can you call the procedure if you login with the ASP account on QA?

Have you run a trace?
Go to Top of Page

lakhva
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 2005-04-01 : 00:17:30
Hi,

Yes, Default database of the ASP account was master and that was the problem. I changed the default database and Its working perfectly now.
Thanks for helping me out.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -