Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Full Text Issue
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SqlZ
Yak Posting Veteran

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  12:59:12  Show Profile
Problem: DB has been restored from production to test SQL Server and full text queries don't return any records after the following has been done.

1. sp_fulltext_database 'disable'
2. sp_fulltext_database 'enable'
3. Removed Full Text indexing from the table from Enterprise Mgr.
4. sp_fulltext_catalog 'i_Memos_Cat', 'drop'
5. sp_fulltext_catalog 'i_Memos_Cat', 'create'
6. sp_fulltext_catalog 'i_Memos_Cat', 'start_full'
7. Recreate the FTI using Enterprise Mgr and specifying it to use the catalog i_Memos_Cat.

The indexes get created but don't seem to be populated even after I run the full population jobs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and sorry if this is a repeated question but searching for me came up short.

Thanks in advance.

SqlZ
Yak Posting Veteran

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  15:14:53  Show Profile
After many trials and tribulations I have figured out that there is an issue with this particular SQL Server because I can restore the db and then its FTI on another sql server without issues. Is there anyway to install FTI by itself without rebuilding the server? This is also a named instance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000