SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 MySQL not as good as MS SQL?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

mmarovic
Aged Yak Warrior

Czech Republic
518 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  12:03:36  Show Profile  Visit mmarovic's Homepage  Send mmarovic a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Frost
EC,
I kind of have to disagree with your statement about running a big ERP on SQL Server. Reference this URL: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/sql/2000/all/reskit/en-us/part2/c0661.mspx It is a page link that deals with Migrating Sybase to SQL Server 2000. Toward the bottom of the page it states that SQL Server 2000 is the foundation for the Microsoft TerraServer Web site. The average hits per day is 15,130,000; average database queries per day: 8,810,000 and peak queries per day : 17,760,000. TerraServer accesses 1 terabyte of satellite images of the world, and has recieved over 1 billion hits. ...makes one wonder about the newest kid on the block.. MS SQLServer 2005

That's a bunch!! (as they say in Nebraska!)

Vernon

"Never argue with an idiot..they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with years of experience"

Monster pages had 8000 hits/sec average two years ago. I don't know current statistics. They use mssql server.

Edited by - mmarovic on 03/02/2006 12:05:18
Go to Top of Page

mmarovic
Aged Yak Warrior

Czech Republic
518 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  12:08:49  Show Profile  Visit mmarovic's Homepage  Send mmarovic a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kristen

"IMHO, PostgreSQL over MySQL by a country mile"

Why didn't PostgreSQL get all the hype that MySQL did? I know very little abouter either, but PostgreSQL seems to have pretty much all that I would need, whereas MySQL ...

Kristen

I don't remember exactly, but they have some kind of connection handling problem that makes them not scalable enough for supporting high traffic web applications.

MySQL 5.0 have many features they were missing but I am sceptical about how efficient is their implementation. For example, their stored procedure execution is slower then the equivalent "direct" sql code.

Edited by - mmarovic on 03/02/2006 12:09:38
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000