Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 Reporting Services Development
 RS installation

Author  Topic 

newrsman
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2005-04-29 : 12:34:31
RS installation
Posted: Apr 22, 2005 8:05 PM Reply

I tried to install RS Standard Edition on my win2k server(sp4) with MS SQl 2000 (sp3) Standard Edition. Howerver, I got the following exception when I tried to access Report Manager via "http://servername/reports" after RS was installed.

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.EventLogSourceNotFound: Event source Report Server does not exist.

I double-checked the RS windows service and restarted it several times to make sure it was running. I also tried to restart the machine and even reinstall RS. But I got the same error every time.

Can anybody help me solve this problem?

The Windows Event Log says the ReportServer Service is activated.

The following are part of the contents in ReportServer log:

<Header>
<Product>Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 8.00.878.00</Product>
<Locale>en-US</Locale>
<TimeZone>Eastern Daylight Time</TimeZone>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting Services\LogFiles\ReportServer__04_25_2005_00_00_15.log</Path>
<SystemName>WEB</SystemName>
<OSName>Microsoft Windows NT 5.0.2195.0</OSName>
<OSVersion>5.0.2195.0</OSVersion>
</Header>
aspnet_wp!library!1040!4/25/2005-00:00:15:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details., Error getting running jobs;
Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.ConnectStorage()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.VerifyConnection()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.get_Connection()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RunningJobsDb.GetMyRunningJobs()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
aspnet_wp!library!1040!4/25/2005-00:00:15:: e ERROR: Connection close failed. Exception thrown: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.DisconnectStorage()
aspnet_wp!library!1040!4/25/2005-00:00:15:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details., Error doing timer action for Running Requests DB;
Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.DisconnectStorage()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RunningJobDbTimer.DoTimerAction()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.TimerActionBase.TimerAction(Object unused)
aspnet_wp!library!ebc!4/25/2005-00:01:15:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details., Error getting running jobs;
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.OpenConnection()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.ConnectStorage()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.VerifyConnection()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.get_Connection()

- Advertisement -