Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Can we Edit Records Using Query Analyser

Author  Topic 

chiragkhabaria
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1907 Posts

Posted - 2005-05-16 : 03:53:28
Hi
Can any one let me know is it possible to edit the Records using Query Analyser grid.

something like if give the Query Select * From Tablename then the records are displayed on the Grid below. is it possible if we double click on the record and then we can edit the records.

something like Toad for SQL Server. Someone told me it is possible using Object Browers, i Tired but was unsucessful

Hoping for some comments from you guys

Thanks

Complicated things can be done by simple thinking

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

4970 Posts

Posted - 2005-05-16 : 04:02:25
quote:

Like INSERT and UPDATE statements ?

Yes though, if you right click on the table in the object browser and select OPEN, you can do it.

Damian
Ita erat quando hic adveni.
Go to Top of Page

tomy74
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 2005-05-16 : 04:41:59
Hi,

If you have sql server 2000 , you can update or insert data by using a script directly in query analyser : update ..., Insert ....

or from enterprise manager by right click on the table and return all rows and you can update the data directly.

if u have sql server 2005 you can right click on a specific table and you have a new optios to insert data or to update or delete by scripting method (from sql server managemet studio)

Thanks,

Tarek G.
Go to Top of Page

chiragkhabaria
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1907 Posts

Posted - 2005-05-16 : 09:19:06
Thanks a lot ..

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -