Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Sql Mail over SMTP - xp_sendmail replacement

Author  Topic 

popsovy
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2005-05-22 : 09:37:10
Hello,

I developed a utility to send Sql Mail over SMTP. The utility implements 99% of functionality of xp_sendmail, but it also supports HTML-based email, sending images, etc.

The utility is stable now, but it's still in BETA. There are maybe small issues here and there, but nothing that can jeopardize operations of a SQL Server.

Here is a list of features that this utility implements:

- SMTP based system
- Implements 99% of functionality of xp_sendmail
- Implements sending output from SQL queries in text and HTML formats
- HTML-based and text based emails
- Support for image columns
- Redundant mail server configuration for added stability
- Implemented as an out-of-process ActiveX exe, so it will never jeopardize your Sql Server memory space
- Based on technologies built-in Windows 2000 and Sql Server: ADO 2.5 and CDONTS

If there are any SQL Server 2000 DBAs out there who are struggling with xp_sendmail or who want to send email from SQL Server in HTML format, please contact me at info@rusmex.com. I will provide you with the utility for free if you will be willing to participate in the BETA program.

Regards

Eugene Tsygankov
info@rusmex.com

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

4970 Posts

Posted - 2005-05-22 : 21:52:34
Maybe if you take this commercial you would consider purchasing some advertising.

Damian
Ita erat quando hic adveni.
Go to Top of Page

popsovy
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2005-05-22 : 22:18:55
If there are DBAs who are struggling with xp_sendmail's MAPI issues, this utility would be very helpful, and at this time, it's free, so presently there is no commercial element.
Go to Top of Page

khalik
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

443 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-03 : 08:18:52
i need some info... popsovy can u send me.. i mail u at info@rusmex.com

======================================
Ask to your self before u ask someone
Go to Top of Page

spirit1
Cybernetic Yak Master

11752 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-03 : 08:24:18
note that SMTP doesn't support line longer than 1000 chars. so if you have a html without CRLF's you'll get an error.

Go with the flow & have fun! Else fight the flow
Go to Top of Page

popsovy
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-03 : 15:26:51
It's an interesting point about the 1000-character limitation.

I actually did a test where I created a table with a char column 2000 characters in size. Then I populated the table using REPLICATE function and used SqlAnswersMail to send data from this table in both Text and HTML formats. Both tests worked, so I have to assume that the technologies I used in SqlAnswersMail do not have a limitation described above.

BTW, if anybody is interested, here is a link to get the software:
http://www.sqlanswers.com/Software/SAM/SqlAnswersMailOverview.aspx
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -