Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - SQL Server 2005/Yukon
 Error Copying database from SQL server 2000 to Server 2005

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2005-05-23 : 08:11:08
Ahmed writes "Hi there,

I was trying to copy a database from SQL server 2000 to Server 2005(april CTP) using the wizard in the Server 2005 Management Studio but encountered an error.

Both servers are on the same machine (win xp sp2) SQL 2000 sp3(developer edition) is the defaut instance and SQL 2005(developer edition) is installed as SQL2005Beta2 instance

I used the surface area config tool to enable/start the integration services.

(I did manage to copy the database using the dtach cop attach procedure given on the forums but I would like to have the db copying wizard working too.)

While following the steps in the copy db wizard on the "Configure the package screen" I get the following error:

=============================================

While trying to find a folder on SQL an OLE DB error was encountered with error code 0x80004005 ([DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (SECDoClientHandshake()).]SSL Security error.)
(Copy Database Wizard)

----------------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.FolderExistsOnSqlServer(String strFolderName, String strServerName, String strServerUserName, String strServerPassword)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.CopyDatabaseWizard.PackagePage.EnsurePackageFolderExist(String folderName, Application app, String serverName, String loginName, String password)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.CopyDatabaseWizard.PackagePage.GetUniquePackageName()

=============================================

While trying to find a folder on SQL an OLE DB error was encountered with error code 0x80004005 ([DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (SECDoClientHandshake()).]SSL Security error.)

----------------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.ApplicationClass.FolderExistsOnSQLServer(String bstrFolderName, String bstrServerName, String bstrServerUserName, String bstrServerPassword)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Application.FolderExistsOnSqlServer(String strFolderName, String strServerName, String strServerUserName, String strServerPassword)"

tomy74
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-02 : 10:46:19
Hi,

try this url
FIX: SECDoClientHandShake Cannot Connect to SQL Server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322144

Thanks,

Tarek
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -