Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 The Yak Corral
 On the no offence topic

Author  Topic 

hog
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

284 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-07 : 06:04:35
I can't add a reply to is as it says it is locked?

Guys & gals.....stop arguing you are making me feel like I started a frickin row!

Stop it, kiss an make up

DIY not a hobby!!

I have turned my house into a palace. I do plumbing, painting, tiling, papering, coving, lanscape gardening (53 railway sleepers cut by hand), bathroom fitting, kitchen fitting, floor laying....oh it goes on

Amethystium
Aged Yak Warrior

701 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-07 : 06:21:19
Hi hog,

Don't worry about it mate. People are all different and some don't get on very well. Locking the topic is harsh I know, but that's what the MOD did and that's the way it is. I am beginning to think that this kind of site is watched closely by very many rival forums or SQL Server websites so anything which might disrupt the harmony and/or give this place a bad reputation is ruthlessly destroyed in order to preserve its online reputation. Apparently the thought police think that reputation is more important that what the members say in the "social forum".

quote:

I have turned my house into a palace. I do plumbing, painting, tiling, papering, coving, lanscape gardening (53 railway sleepers cut by hand), bathroom fitting, kitchen fitting, floor laying....oh it goes on

DIY is expensive to start with (buying all the tools etc) but once you have acquired the main bits and pieces then the sky is the limit. I also doing a bit of DIY sometimes but I'd rather be playing Golf if it's a nice day or go for a jog.

------------->>> BREAKING NEWS!!! <<<-------------
Saddam Hussien has weapons of mass destruction
Go to Top of Page

rockmoose
SQL Natt Alfen

3279 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-07 : 06:40:15
quote:
Originally posted by Amethystium

Hi hog,

Don't worry about it mate. People are all different and some don't get on very well. Locking the topic is harsh I know, but that's what the MOD did and that's the way it is. I am beginning to think that this kind of site is watched closely by very many rival forums or SQL Server websites so anything which might disrupt the harmony and/or give this place a bad reputation is ruthlessly destroyed in order to preserve its online reputation. Apparently the thought police think that reputation is more important that what the members say in the "social forum".

Speculation, paranoid thoughts, and jumping to conclusions, and You know it!
Wonder when this topic will be locked...

rockmoose
Go to Top of Page

Amethystium
Aged Yak Warrior

701 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-07 : 06:54:14
quote:
Originally posted by rockmoose
Wonder when this topic will be locked...

rockmoose

It is a logical conclusion. Are you saying that a forum like this does not get visited by full on SQL Server professionals?! People are writing articles and referencing this site. It is only natural that such precautions are taken. I am not knocking them but I am simply a supporter of free speech that's all. I do like to think that I live in a democracy after all

quote:

Read your statement again and tell me that you don’t see the irony.

------------->>> BREAKING NEWS!!! <<<-------------
Saddam Hussien has weapons of mass destruction
Go to Top of Page

rockmoose
SQL Natt Alfen

3279 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-07 : 06:57:03
>> Read your statement again and tell me that you don’t see the irony.
It was meant to be ironic!

rockmoose
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -