Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 Error : 18030 : xp_test_mapi_profile

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-21 : 06:34:48
jayesh writes "Hello,

I am trying to setting environment to send mail. but getting error like

Error 18030: xp_test_mapi_profile : Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.

I am logged in my OS as Administrator/''(Blank password)

And in SQL server 2000 sa/'' (Blank Password)

There are 2 services running for Send mail .

1) MSSQLSERVER
in LOGON tab i have checked LOCAL SYSTEM ACCOUNT

2) SQLSERVERAGENT
IN logon Tab I have checked LOCAL SYSTEM ACCOUNT

Please Give me solution that i m doing right things?

Thanks In Advance,
Jayesh Patel"

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-21 : 06:35:31
You have blank administrator passwords on your SQL Server AND your computer's operating system.

No, you are NOT doing things right.
Go to Top of Page

Thrasymachus
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

483 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-21 : 08:18:12
There is that and you need to use a domain user account with a an exchange account on your mail server and you need to set up a mail profile on the sql server itself. Please read up on SQL Mail in SQL Server Books Online and do not use blank passwords.

Sean Roussy

Please backup all of your databases including master, msdb and model on a regular basis. I am tired of telling people they are screwed. The job you save may be your own.
Go to Top of Page

mr_mist
Grunnio

1870 Posts

Posted - 2005-06-21 : 11:07:34
Can someone please tell me what exactly is confusing about this error message

quote:
Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client

I mean, to me, it seems like one of the fuller responses as an error. It even tells you what to do.

-------
Moo. :)
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -