Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 DTS

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2005-07-13 : 07:44:10
Kalyan writes "I wanted to store a .dts file in my local machine, which does not contain SQL Server,I am planning to execute the .dts file using .net interoperability is this possible?

I have used a .dts file in my localmachine and wanted to execute the .dts file to store some tables in a database in the remote server? It is failing with the following error

Step Error Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Step Error Description:Cannot open database requested in login 'Test'. Login fails.
Step Error code: 80004005
Step Error Help File:
Step Error Help Context ID:0

I have administrator rights in remote server and iam dbo of the database in which, I wanted to create the tables. I am passing the database and the server name through global variables.

SQL TEAM I appreciate your help. Thank you."

homebrew
Posting Yak Master

114 Posts

Posted - 2005-07-21 : 15:57:57
Perhaps you need to save it as a "Structured Storage File" (SSF) to your non-SQL server, then it can be executed by non-SQL applications
Go to Top of Page

Kalls
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2005-07-27 : 13:20:31
Hey Thanks. I am using a SSF file.
I have a Windows forms which interacts with the .dts (Structured Storage File) to execute and transfer data to the remote server. I am able to achieve this.
If My client does not have sql server what components should be installed by my Installation Program to successfully execute the .dts file?

Any Directions is very much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -