Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 really need help

Author  Topic 

notsosuper
Posting Yak Master

190 Posts

Posted - 2005-08-01 : 12:03:57
I am in need of some code that will allow me to put my data from sql server from the execution of a sql job or stored procedure
to outlook public folders.

Thrasymachus
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

483 Posts

Posted - 2005-08-01 : 12:11:02
SQL Mail and xp_sendmail will do the job.

====================================================
Regards,
Sean Roussy

GENERAL ADVICE FOR EVERYONE: Please backup all of your databases including master, msdb and model on a regular basis. I am tired of telling people they are screwed. The job you save may be your own.
Go to Top of Page

notsosuper
Posting Yak Master

190 Posts

Posted - 2005-08-01 : 12:26:26
can you please explain a little more
Go to Top of Page

Thrasymachus

483 Posts

Posted - 2005-08-01 : 12:53:51
I am sorry I do not hand out the code I write for my company as I am bound by confidentiality agreements. You can however use Google, the search feature on this website or SQL Server Books Online to lookup the terms I supplied below. I wrote a long post on this site once about setting up SQL Mail and how to use it.

Regards,
Sean Roussy

GENERAL ADVICE FOR EVERYONE: Please backup all of your databases including master, msdb and model on a regular basis. I am tired of telling people they are screwed. The job you save may be your own.
Go to Top of Page

notsosuper
Posting Yak Master

190 Posts

Posted - 2005-08-01 : 13:17:22
I have read your instruction on the other form. Okay, if I do sql mail and xp-sendmail thing, would this make me transfer my data from sql to outlook public folders, because if not, i don't want to waste my time.
Go to Top of Page

Thrasymachus

483 Posts

Posted - 2005-08-01 : 13:32:56
with xp_sendmail you can return the results of a query in an email message or as an attachment.

i have not dealt with an exchange server in over a year but you can do a couple of things if memory serves. You can set up a central exchange account and give everyone you need to access to that mailbox or you can set up a rule in outlook for that central account to direct certain messages to your public folders. For the latter you would have to leave an Outllok client open somewhere.

Regards,
Sean Roussy

Go to Top of Page

notsosuper
Posting Yak Master

190 Posts

Posted - 2005-08-01 : 14:09:53
my data needs to create a contact folder inside the public folders, which means data coming from sql server would contain too many contacts information,so can I still do that what you suggested?
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -