Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Third Party SQL backup tools

Author  Topic 

igorblackbelt
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

407 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-06 : 10:52:27
Hello All -

Would like to check with you guys if anybody uses a third party tool to backup your SQL Server, my organization uses BrighStore and I understand they're having some issues backing up the Transaction Log.

Should we use SQL's Back up utility ? Does that support Network Drives ? Any ideas ?

Thanks!

---

Thanks!
Igor.

bakerjon
Posting Yak Master

145 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-06 : 11:26:04
SQL Litespeed from Questsoftware rocks.

Like a kidney stone, this too shall pass.
Go to Top of Page

Vivaldi
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

298 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-06 : 11:36:35
quote:
Originally posted by igorblackbelt
Should we use SQL's Back up utility ? Does that support Network Drives ? Any ideas ?

Well, my employer uses the reg SQL Server backups. and we have a cluster and several sql servers. And it has worked fine, plus you don't have to worry about an extra layer of problems. Known as application software.

Working man's privilege, beer is.
Harsh, Life is.

Go to Top of Page

derrickleggett
Pointy Haired Yak DBA

4184 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-06 : 20:48:42
SQL Litespeed is the best. It's the only third-part software I really actively recommend. I would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

As a side note.....if you're "backup software" is having trouble handling transaction logs, throw the entire package away. They suck!!!

MeanOldDBA
derrickleggett@hotmail.com

When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -