Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 MS SQL Server Setup

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-14 : 08:15:54
Ugur Uker writes "I have a question about how to set up MS SQL server in a network.
Firstly, I have a local server.I mean, I've set up MS SQL in a computer(for instance computer name is COM1) that used by single user and I've made a VB program which connects to this local MS SQL server (the server name is YEO/WinCC) and gets some useful datas from a table (the name of the table is DataAcquisition) that belongs to a database named YEO.However I have to monitor these useful datas in several computers.Namely, can I use this computer as server and connect to COM1 by other users and get datas from in this server?If I can, how should I achieve this?How can I connect to SQL Server that is in COM1 and get these data from this server?"

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2005-10-14 : 16:19:52
You can install the SQL Client Utilities on any desktop machine. You can use Enteprise Manager or Querly Analyzer to get to COM1 from any of these desktop machines.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -